Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Gardening in a Recession

Well my front yard garden bed looks absolutely barren. Usually at this time of year I am able to go buy a flat of beautiful begonias or some other brightly colored flower. Instead, this year I bought seeds of Zinnias, Purple Coneflower and Allysum. My 2 year old, Sophia and I planted them yesterday. I prepared the ground, dug holes and she scattered the seeds. Than she proceeded to mix and scatter the dirt. I have no idea if the seeds are still there or if she tossed them away. I guess I'll find out in about a week or two when they begin to emerge!! I will post pictures later!

1 comment:

  1. Gardening is not only exercise for you but also a test of patience and how you care for something. Plus, it reaps in savings! Yeehaw! That's the reasons why I garden.

    ReplyDelete