Monday, February 19, 2007

Gone weedin'

This morning was absolutely beautiful outside. Finally, a day to get out in the garden and dead-head and weed.

I haven't been out there since the spring. It was too hot and I was too pregnant over the summer- than the fall came and I had a new baby and little time or sleep. Winter is almost past, and so it was such a treat to let Spikey run around outside, while I cleaned out the gardens.

This is probably my favorite gardening chore. Dead-heading. Getting rid of all the dead leggy growth that zaps the plants of energy and is unfruitful. I have the best prayer time as I meditate about what God wants me to dead-head in my life. What is zapping me of energy and is not fruitful? Many things. TV. Computer. Any relationships? Yes, those too. In each of these areas of my life, I have the opportunity to rearrange how I spend my time. This is something I will continue to examine in my life as this week continues. The forecast is set to be in the 70s - and for that I am grateful. I have a lot of clearing out to do!!!! And how timely, as lent begins this week.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you are blogging again. I've missed you. Miss you in person as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dead-heading, eh? I like the term. I too have been seeking out what God is calling me to dead-head in my life. Too often there is a whole LIST of things...

    This post was meant for me today. Only a few more days left in lent and it's time for one last whack at those things which will keep me from having the Easter He calls me to have...

    ReplyDelete